Sunday, July 10, 2011

St.Paul Secondary Concert- A Musical Mozart / My 100th post

Hello everyone...
I'm happy to say that this is my official 100th post....
Yippeee!!!!
After 3 years of blogging I have reached my 100th post...
And with it comes a great exciting moment of my life...
My school concert which is called 'A Musical Mozart'...

It was the 8th of July...
You can say that it was teens night...
The concert was only for students not only from my school but also from others...
The concert only begins at 8pm but I was at Terminal 2 around 6pm to wait for Lai and have our dinner...
When he arrived, we discussed on what to eat and finally we went to have our dinner at New Town...
We ordered two plates of Fried chicken chop but instead we got a grilled one...
But who cares, the chicken chop was quite nice compared to other shops I have been too before..
And I tried ice blended chocolate for the first time...
It was just amazing how chocolate sinks into your taste buds through the ice.... AMAZING!!!
After having our meal, I realised that I forgotten to bring my ticket ( LOL!!! XP )
So I decided to call my mum to bring the ticket to me...
Lai and myself, we walked over to the school gate and saw some of the others there...
Lai went in with some of them first while I was waiting outside with Kew for my dad to come and give me the ticket...
Not long after, my dad came and gave me the ticket and I went in together with Kew..
We went to the front seats where the others have already taken a few rows just for our group of friends...
Why in front?? Because we wanted to support all our friends that are performing for the night...
While waiting for the concert to start, we were all busy chatting while I took some photos...
And as soon as the lights went off, the audience went wild and everyone started to shout and scream with excitement...
The Zo'Fonk which consists of Jason Too, Harish Pal, Daryl Luke, Philip Goh and Danesh was the opening act as they made the audience go wild...
Everyone was screaming, shouting, whistling...
Oh it was amazing..
I even shout my heart out...
At the end of their performance, I did as Jason Too asked me to...
I asked my friends who were all seated at the front rows to give him a standing ovation...
We stood up and clapped and shouted like crazy....
Ahhh!!!! It was so fun...
And then we had the 1 Malaysia dance, singing Mandarin songs, a traditional Indian dance...
Then came another performance by my two buddies Syukran Azizi a.k.a Slim-Z and Julian Sebastian....
They were rapping for their performance...
And the rap was just awesome...
Whenever Julian went "Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!" , everyone followed him screaming back the same way...
We even had a Michael Jackson dance...
Everyone was singing along to the song 'Beat It'
After that, we had the violin & piano performance...
I did not enjoy that performance because I knew that it was suppose to be performed by my friends , Lim and Zafri....
But instead the teachers chose them over my friends...
I know that they would have performed better....
Next was the English drama...
This time the drama was a little more interesting compared to the one from the previous concert three years ago in the year 2008 (I think) ....
People enjoyed the music and dance in between the drama...
Pn.Shan really made a drama worth watching...
It was followed up by the exciting modern Indian dance, singing Malay songs.....
Which then finally came to another of my friend's group, Ezra's group...
It was an acoustic band....
They sang the song 1985 and Rhythm of Love ....
The girls all loved it and kept screaming their hearts out....
Ezra went down the stage while singing the Rhythm of Love and moved down the lane to the back where Sonia was seated...
I did not see what she did but Ezra told me that they planned that out already...
After that performance, we had the Hip Hop dance by none other than Nicholas...
He is a great dancer from my school (an ex-student actually) with a little girlish figure...
He can pole dance so what do you think he did for this performance???
His group dance to the song by Pussycat Dolls "When I Grow Up"...
His dance was just amazing and yet again the crowd went wild with the screaming and shouting...
For the next performance, it singing Tamil songs...
Me and my friends did not wanted to watch that performance so we headed out to the toilet for a while and got a little fresh air while we were at it....
Finally came the last and I would say one of the best performance...
It was the MASKED dance by my friend Brendan along with 5 other guys....
The dance was first seen by our school on Teacher's Day...
At that time, he did it with only himself and Russell...
The performance was a mixture of a few songs and it was just amazing....
When Party Rock Anthem was played, the guys on stage clapped their hands asking us to join them...
I saw no one joining in so I decided to stand and clapped along with them to the beat of the song....
And I got everyone else sitting at the back to stand and clap along...
It was an amazing view to see people standing up one by one and joining in the fun....
Ahhh!!! Yes, the performance got the wildest reaction from the crowd...
Everyone loved it...
At the end everyone stood up and gave them a standing ovation with screaming and shouting...
My friends and I even started to shout out Brendan's name...
We went " Brendan, Brendan, Brendan"
And finally all the performance came to an end...
Then the host came out to announce the best performance of the day...
And guess what???
They chose the worse among them...
The 1 Malaysia dance and the modern Indian dance (The modern Indian dance was ok but still)..
They could have chosen the final performance which got everyone standing and cheering...
Not a boring performance where everyone did not really enjoy...
My group even went on and did our signature move which is "Boo sama dia!!!"
Tiness which was a friend of ours who shifted school was there and he went "Boo sama dia!!"
And we all followed saying "Boo!!!"
And when everyone was noisy I shouted "Who's the judge??" out loud...
At that very moment everyone was quiet and they all heard me...
The ones sitting in front turned back to look ...
My friends and I were all laughing like crazy....
Well, I did not get caught for that so it was all great and fun...
Then they said there is a surprise performance...
Guess what?? It was the 1 Malaysia dance with teachers dancing along this time...
No surprise for me...
We all went out because we did not wanted to watch that performance...
I caught up with all my other friends who came after the concert...

Well, the concert was awesome and it really is perfect seeing that everyone is stressed up from studies...
For me, it was an awesome time to spend together with friends...
And I also realise that cheering for others is as exciting as being cheered...
At the end of the day, I took a group photo outside of school and then I headed for supper with my family...


No comments:

Post a Comment