Saturday, May 1, 2010

Open Ninja Day

Today actually was suppose to be a ninjutsu class opened to all Alex and my friends.
But unfortunately only 1 of them could make it.
But we did have a fun day with Daryl, the only 1 I meant, and the rest of the members namely Azriel,Amandeep Singh, Arthur Tan, Mun(not sure bout his full name), Low Jun Keat and Jerome Cheo Jin Han.
We started out class with one of my personal favourite old activity that I did with my seniors often, the 4 directional jump.
While I was doing that, Alex was teaching Daryl some kenjutsu(sword arts)
After lots of jumping with those present, we went on with the evasion training.
This training is done by making an enclosed area and each member comes in one at a time.
I will use my rubber bokken(a weapon covered with rubber) and chase after them at a fixed pace.
They are given 5 chance, the longer the last the better their evasive skills are.
But today was not so satisfying, they did not do so well.
But it was ok for beginners.
Therefore, I trained their side rolling which is vital to the evasion training.
Later, we did some attacking training and followed with a flow attacking training.
We even had a lesson on tiger leopard(I cannot reveal what this is) and a follow-up lock called musha-dori.
This is to escape someone who is holding on to our shirt.
I brought my camera along today so I took some pictures to be uploaded.
Unfortunaly, as I mentioned in my previous post I cannot find the USB wire.
Lets pray that I can find it otherwise I cannot upload it ...... :(
If you know me or Alex wong by any chance and are interested to join the club who is supervised by our sensei(teacher), you can try to contact us for the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment