Monday, March 4, 2013

New Year's Resolution Beginning and On-going

4th March, 2013

Its already been a month and four day since I started one of my New Year's Resolution.
It was to read the Bible Diary everyday.
And so far I have been rather keeping it up.
Occasionally I forget or have no time and end up reading two days worth of reading or more on a single day.
But at least I'm keeping up with it.

For another of my New Year's Resolution , I'm still rather working on it.
To say grace for every meal.
I somehow keep forgetting when I'm about to eat and remember just after I finish eating or halfway.
Its weird how I didn't make it a habit since I was a little kid.
(Definitely gotta make it a habit for my child in future XP )

And finally, the New Year's Resolution which I just started today.
On the 4th of March 2013.
It was my plan on losing weight.
Yes I said it.... LOSING WEIGHT~~!!
All this while I didn't know what to do properly whenever I visited the gym.
But this time I went using the app called "JEFIT" which my friend recommended to me.
But little did I know, the "basic routine" on the app was actually not meant for beginner.
It was more for people who are already fit and want to develop some muscles.
Why would I say this?

Well, I'm a gym beginner and while following the routine halfway, I was consulted by the instructor of the gym.
His name was Mr. Ali .
He told me that I'm not doing the routine right.
He said that the way I'm doing it is very hazardous to my body and could harm me.
It could cause damage to some disc thingy (not too sure bout the terms he used XP ) and others.
It was all due to poor stability and no basics in weight lifting.
Being the experienced guy he is, he could tell in a blink of an eye that I'm a beginner looking to lose weight.
So he suggested a 3 month course routine to me.
The routine was:
  1. To do cardio on the treadmill for 30 minutes under my own intensity level.
  2. Then, do 10 minutes worth of stretching.
  3. Later, do 3 sets of 12-15 reps on the machines with weights of about 40-50% of my body weight.
This was all meant to build up confidence in myself and my body.
Aside from that, it was to prepare my body for free weights like barbell and all.
So, I'm EXTREMELY thankful to have met with Mr.Ali.
Who knows what kind of damage I could have done to my body if I were to continue the routine on the app?
Not to say the app is bad or anything but yeah...
Me being a beginner and all seems a little risky.
Now that I have a fix and more proper routine for weight loss, I should keep that level of determination and go all-out.
Mr.Ali also welcomed me to consult him anytime I need advice on my health and weight loss.

So overall, I may have not gained much from the routine I did today at gym but I've definitely gained something more valuable.
A good gym instructor with a more safer and detailed routine.
Aside from that, I thank God for all the strength and determination given to me to perform my New Year's Resolution.
May this be a great year with much more to come. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment