Friday, November 4, 2011

When talking to God...

Just today I met with danger...
And on this same day, I went to church for a reading practice...
Just hours before that, I almost met with a car accident...
I could have landed up on a hospital bed or worse but instead I was in church attending my reading practice...

And so I headed for church...
My mother drove this time...
Still a troubled by the incident in the afternoon, I sat in the car quietly... 
So we reached church after a few minutes drive...
I went to the toilet and then entered the church...
There were some others there to attend for the reading practice...
So I entered the church and took a seat...
I waited for Aunty Mary Rajoo as she was dealing with someone else's reading...
So as I was seated alone there alone, I decided to pray to God...
I follow my usual sequence of prayer and finally came to the last part...
I thanked Him most of all that I could even be there in the first place to talk to Him...
I had a talk with God...

The talk was about how I felt earlier this afternoon...
About how scared I was...
About how useless I felt..
About feeling not unique...
About the tears that I shed...
About wanting to quit..
About doing something with all my enthusiasm and confidence...
About driving...
Do I really feel that way???
Do I really hate driving??
The answer is....
It is up to me to decide...
It is not fixed...
That is what is so awesome about it...
And I've decided that is not how I really feel...
I do not hate driving...
It is something I've been waiting for a long time to do...
I'm not going to let that incident though dangerous to break my spirit...
I want to be greater than that...
I shed those tears for a reason...
So I will be more careful when driving from now on...
Full attention in everything I do...

But the thing is, I could have said that earlier but why now??
The funny thing about talking to God is....
You do not hear a voice replying to you..
But does that mean he is not talking to you??
Of course not, there was this feeling...
And then, when I read the bible reading...
Coincidentally, the reading was like God's advice to me..
And then I felt this warm feeling in me...
I knew that God was with me the whole time...
He was actually the one who called to me when I almost made a mistake on the road...
He held my hand together when I controlled the steering wheel..
I realised that it really is important that I pray every time I'm about to drive..
I did not this afternoon and see what happen...
So I'll always say a short prayer before driving, "May there be no harm to me and to others as well. "
A simple prayer but a great protection...

Now, I'm excited, enthusiastic, and happy again...
I will live on with my uniqueness that none can match...
I will do what God wanted me to do...
Be the me that he made me to be...
To be none other than, Jason Niap...
That boy that was born with his own uniqueness...

No comments:

Post a Comment