Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ninjutsu obstacle training

Have you ever jumped off a ledge before with your own free will?
I bet you didn't because you won't dare to do it.
Well let me tell you why I say this.
There is no place in the world where people will train you to jump off a high ledge unlike in ninjutsu.
Yesterday after school, my ninjutsu instructor, myself,some senior ninjutsu students and some scouts stayed back after school to help out with setting the obstacle up.
Though not all obstacle that was planned has been set up because of lack of time and the rain.
This training is for the purpose of the coming first ever ninjutsu night camp in S.P.I.
The next morning, which is today, all the ninjas came earlier than usual.
Wow!! Because most of them usually come only after I come on the Saturday classes.
Some obstacle that has been set up yesterday was still there and then we continue putting up the rest of it.
I helped with the ladder hanging obstacle along with Sachin and some of my juniors.
While the preparing was still going on, I assesmbled all the ninjas on the field.
As usual, I test their rolls and falls, the basics, then start off training and checking their skills.
For today I specially took only the afternoon session as I am unable to train them all the time.
And I had fun training them.
After an hour of training, the clock pointed 10 and we started off with our obstacle training. Yay!!!
We started off by breaking into 2 groups as there was an extra big group compare to normal. 32 I think.
So one was my group and the other was Alex's. I took the weaker group because I enjoy training them ^.^
Alex group started with rope climbing and jumpin off the ledge, while I took my grouped to the dead man's crawl first.
I showed them a demo and fell off half way :C , but then everyone did it and I manage to do it after my second try.
Next, we went on to walking on bamboo, all passed but some did it horribly.
After that was the charmeleon crawling, most of my group members couldn't do it well.
So we decided for them to make it at least half way to pass the training.
But still a lot of them was unable to do it. Then I did a demo and ,boom, I did it so well when I actually couldn't do it.
I just stepped on the bamboo, and when my back leg went forward I just shifted my momentum and rushed all the way up. Yay!! Peace >.<
But still many couldn't do so we skipped to the tyre hanging.
I being so heavy did it first to encourage the rest of them, this went smoothly XD
Then we came back to the charmeleon walking again.
Then Sensei Low came and showed us another demo and we ended up asking them to walk up instead (to those who did the charmeleon walking good job and for the rest try harder)
Then the teachers in charge exchange groups and sensei took us to the caterpillar crawl.
The caterpillar crawl is basically hanging upside down on the rope and move like a caterpillar as the how its name is.
At first try I failed miserably, at the second try wow!! so cantik(beautiful)
Finally, the fun part came. It was climbing up the rope and jumping off the ledge.
This was the most interesting obstacle. Climbing up the rope was horrible as my group could hardly do it.
This was the only obstacle I fail to do. Only a few of my members managed to reach the top.
I think Alex's group all made it up as he had the more stronger ninjas with him.
And the final obstacle, jumping off the ledge. Ok readers, when I say jumping off a high ledge, there is a big high jump mattress down there ok. We won't be crazy to do a training that can injure people.
Coming back to the subject, this was a rather horrifying yet exciting experience.
It trains us to be able to jump off a high place in situations like a house on fire or something like that.
Sensei's son went first. Before jumping we are required to tell our name and ask for permission to jump.
And next was me. When it was my turn, Ng Jing Ming , one of the scouts that helped us, called out 'Jason Niap is jumping' and like lightning all the ninjas gathered around to see me make the jump.(Funny >.<)
Then, I told my name and requested permission to jump. Thinking about it is so much easier than actually doing it.
I took my time and took a breath. Then when I wanted to jump, fear pulled me back.
Then I took another breath and jumped down. Everyone went 'Wow!!' and I landed with 2 flaws.
One is my knee hit down and second is my face hit.
If there was no mattress I would be dead. But I enjoyed the jump and am happy we can do it again on the camp. Yay!!
After that all the ninjas went home while some of the seniors helped to take out the obstacles and return it back to its places.
Later, Mr.Low(sensei) took us to have a drink and some toast over at the Old Town Kopitiam just across the school to celebrate the success of the training.
And so we chit chat and then went home.
This is basically what I did for this two days. I will post the photos of this training on another post after I obtain it from my friend.
I hope you all enjoy this post because I know this is an exciting experience. Take care and good night readers I want to rest after a long day hehe >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment